Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Showing Socks a Good Time

Otherwise known as Playing Catch-Up Part 2. The Saturday I refer to is not yesterday, but a week ago yesterday, as in the 25th of August

The Yarn Harlot has said that socks-in-progress need to be shown a good time, in order to make up for spending their lives tucked into shoes & not able to see much.

I took her advice to heart last Saturday evening:



I helped to chaperone a teenaged birthday party, & managed to get some knitting time in while I was at it. We sat on the patio at the City Museum & watching the kids run & climb around & just generally have a great time.




I also found a knitting related craft kit in the gift store there. Pretty cool! There were also Sock Monkeys, but I masterfully refrained from bringing one home with me.








The blue Regia socks, my last remnants of the Vacation 2007 Sock Madness, had their feet completed while sitting on the patio. (Neither sock could be jealous of the other one being the only one to get out to the City Museum, since they got equal knitting time while I was there.)

The toes got done this week, & I expect to Kitchener them sometime tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    You're a sock knitting fiend. No shawls????? No sweaters???? It's almost cool again. Have a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home