Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Sky & Cicadas

Once again, the Saturday sky isn't that interesting today. It's been so hot lately that I am content to sit inside knitting & listening to the cicadas. We did have one visit our porch today. I used the camera to zoom in & be sure that he was sitting on the OUTSIDE of the screen, because from a distance it wasn't that obvious.



This week I've been working on refilling my empty sock needles. Here's the proof:



I've started the second sock for my Lime & Violet "Spiceland" & my Grasshopper socks, as well as two others which I'll go into detail on later.



I've also been working on the red Cardinals Stitch N Pitch socks. I haven't decided yet whether I want to stop the garter rib pattern at the ankle, or continue it down the foot.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    I did have a busy summer...and it sounds like you had a productive one. I'm so sorry I missed the Stitch and Pitch, although I imagine it was pretty toasty out there. The Cardinal red socks are great.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger wheelinsticks said…

    My dogsd thin the cicadas a great fun. They are truly ugly! Sock looks great!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The cicadas are loud, they're driving me nuts! Can't wait to see the new socks in progress. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home