Gussets Galore!
Here's a rundown of the state of my Summer of Socks 2007.

In answer to Kim's question, yes, indeed I do have a crazy number of socks going at once. Of the four sets which were started for vacation knitting, there are two pairs still on the needles. I just finished the gussets on the Tofutsies & the gussets on the Regia 4 Ply are started.

After getting my vacation knitting prepared, I ended up with starteritis wanting to try some of my handpainted stuff, so that's where the 3 single socks from my What's On My Needles Wednesday post came from.

I'm working on the gussets of the Lime & Violet & Grasshopper socks now, & halfway done with the heel flap for the Dyeabolical sock.

I picked up the stitches for the "Spiceland" socks on Thursday of this week, & have made some more progress since then. I like having several things going at once because that makes it easier to always have at least one sock at the Ready-For-Mindless-KIP-While-Waiting-Around knitting stage.

If you notice something odd about the needles in the "Picked Up Stitches" picture, you are correct. I learned a trick at the Knitter's Guild workshops this spring which has come in very handy. I always use the smallest needle possible for picking up stitches & it makes the pick-up row much neater.
Oh! This post reminded me that I do have one additional pair of Summer of Socks 2007 socks on my needles. I'm doing my first experiment with knitting from the inside & outside of a yarn cake simultaniously with a red hand-dyed wool/bamboo/nylon blend that I bought from Beth on Etsy. I figure those socks will be the perfect color to take with me to the Stitch N Pitch game on Monday evening.
That makes 3 full pairs & 3 single socks currently on the needles for Summer of Socks 2007, with 2 pairs completed so far this summer.

In answer to Kim's question, yes, indeed I do have a crazy number of socks going at once. Of the four sets which were started for vacation knitting, there are two pairs still on the needles. I just finished the gussets on the Tofutsies & the gussets on the Regia 4 Ply are started.

After getting my vacation knitting prepared, I ended up with starteritis wanting to try some of my handpainted stuff, so that's where the 3 single socks from my What's On My Needles Wednesday post came from.

I'm working on the gussets of the Lime & Violet & Grasshopper socks now, & halfway done with the heel flap for the Dyeabolical sock.

I picked up the stitches for the "Spiceland" socks on Thursday of this week, & have made some more progress since then. I like having several things going at once because that makes it easier to always have at least one sock at the Ready-For-Mindless-KIP-While-Waiting-Around knitting stage.

If you notice something odd about the needles in the "Picked Up Stitches" picture, you are correct. I learned a trick at the Knitter's Guild workshops this spring which has come in very handy. I always use the smallest needle possible for picking up stitches & it makes the pick-up row much neater.
Oh! This post reminded me that I do have one additional pair of Summer of Socks 2007 socks on my needles. I'm doing my first experiment with knitting from the inside & outside of a yarn cake simultaniously with a red hand-dyed wool/bamboo/nylon blend that I bought from Beth on Etsy. I figure those socks will be the perfect color to take with me to the Stitch N Pitch game on Monday evening.
That makes 3 full pairs & 3 single socks currently on the needles for Summer of Socks 2007, with 2 pairs completed so far this summer.











2 Comments:
At 9:01 AM,
Rachel said…
Whoa, you are a sockin' fool. Have fun at SnP!
The word verification for this comment is "yswoon". Why swoon? Why for the socky goodness, of course.
At 10:23 AM,
Rachel Leverton said…
My goodness, you are the sock diva! Good for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home