A Weekend of Mostly Reading

Some knitting happened here this weekend, but not a whole lot. Just in case anyone's been living under a rock, my post won't make sense unless you are aware that the last Harry Potter book was released this weekend. I did end up knitting a little bit at Borders Bookstore on Friday evening, but we went there for other books for my kids, & left there before the party really started. My daughter did end up with a balloon animal from a table in the kid's section & people in costume were starting to trickle in as we were leaving. I knit some on my Gyffindor colored sock (J-Knits "New Mexico") while waiting for my daughter to get her balloon animal, but didn't have any time to knit in line to pay, since there wasn't any line for the registers that early in the evening.
My plan was to try for a copy of the book somewhere other than the big bookstore chains, since I hadn't preordered a copy.
I got the second to last copy available at Schnucks (an STL local 24-hour grocery store), after getting there at 12:15 Saturday morning. The line was fairly short, so I got only a little bit of knitting done then too & I got home about 12:45. It took me 5 hours to read Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, including time out to pet the cats who were surprised I was awake, & to talk to my stepson when he arrived home a little after 1 a.m. He wasn't surprised to find me up & reading, but he hadn't managed to get a copy of the book. I assured him my copy would be available by the time he got up, since he's a nightowl/late-riser kind of guy.
The rest of the weekend was mostly taken up with various chores, which is one of the reasons I decided to go ahead & read the book when I did. I'm a bit further along on my socks, but still don't have any officially complete. Next weekend may turn into Kitchenering Weekend as opposed to this being Harry Potter Weekend.











3 Comments:
At 11:17 AM,
wheelinsticks said…
I can't believe how fast you read. I am really enjoying the book, though. I rea all the others before I got mine. I did pre-order but waited til' Sat to go and pick it up. That wasn't bad.
At 11:38 AM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Wow, you do read fast! I thought I was a fast reader, and it took me 7 hours! Good for you!
I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I did, and thanks for all the nice comments on my blog. I appreciate it!
At 6:38 AM,
techygeekgirlknits said…
I totally blew off car knitting this weekend to Chicago to read. I ended up finishing it Monday afternoon after about 8 hours in the car and 4 at home. It was so good that I couldn't put it down. Now I just hope I can get that inspired about all the baby sweaters I need to finish!
Post a Comment
<< Home