Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Cleckheaton Progress


Cleckheaton Progress
Originally uploaded by Tales of Yarn

During Sunday's long drive, I got a couple inches knit on my Cleckheaton sweater in between finishing the foot of one of the Battle of Hastings socks. I'm really liking how it's turning out so far. The size 7 Addis seem enormous compared to sock needles!

The hotel in Burlington, Colorado had internet access, but despite having phone service, my cell phone couldn't send/receive email, so the photos I took late Sunday afternoon didn't get sent to Flickr until we were in Boulder at noon today. The plan had been to try to find a fast food place for lunch, but we ended up at a very good Mexican restaurant instead. It turned out that the restaurant was in the same plaza as the yarn store, which was convenient due to the address being a bit confusing. I'd have had more problems finding Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins if we hadn't stopped at the Mexican restaurant for lunch. The address for Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins says it's on Broadway, but the store actually faces Table Mesa Drive.

Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins was a bit overwhelming. Beyond words overwhelming, actually, so I'll wait for another day to try blogging that experience.

Today I finished the foot of the other Battle of Hastings sock. I may wait to do the toes until I'm back home again, since I have plenty of other socks to work on for the remainder of my trip.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    thanks to you, i was actually able to answer a jeopardy clue that my husband coudln't! subject: "birth of a king" year: 1023. take aguess, lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home