Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer of Socks

Today is the first day of the Summer of Socks 2007. It turns out that all of the partially knit socks which I have ready for summer vacation knitting can't count towards Summer of Socks, according to the rules.

So today I started another pair, as evidenced here. I've been itching to try out the new Regia Bamboo sock yarn, & this is the perfect excuse.



The Summer of Socks will alter my order in which I knit the vacation socks, as I'll be concentrating on the ones cast on between today & the start of vacation before the ones that I prepared this spring. (For any late-comers to my insanity, the method to my madness is that I can knit plain stockinette while riding in a car, but not much else. So if ribbing for cuffs is complete, the working the legs or feet of several socks will make the hours in the car seem worthwhile.)

Here you can see my bag packed with two sets of Sockotta socks in progress, & a couple of unstarted sets in reserve. The unstarted sets of Wildfoote & Regia will now be my "start cuffs while standing in line or otherwise waiting around" knitting between now & the commencement of intense amounts of summer vacation driving.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Ha ha, the funny thing is that your "madness" makes perfect sense to me! I love your sock suitcase, too. That's too funny!

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Dharmafey said…

    Knit those socks!! I'd love to hear how you like the Regia bamboo--I've never used it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home