Son Socks Complete!
This is most definitely some sort of record for me. My son picked the yarn out on Thursday during the day, I cast on that evening, & today I finished up the toes, Kitchenering, weaving in of ends, & everything.

Yesterday I got them to the point of being ready to work the toes. Here is the progress as of Tuesday morning.
& again just before Kitchenering



Here's a couple action shots of socks on a 13 year old. He wanted to try them on before I stitched up the toes.
He also couldn't figure out how the stripes ended up wider on the heel. That shows how much 13 year olds pay attention to their mothers, because I actually pointed it out to him while it was in progress. (I should cut him some slack though. I turned the heels in the middle of the Pokemon Marathon weekend, when he was in rather a lot of pain & not exactly paying attention to much of anything.)

Joxer also decided to get in on the modelling of socks.

Not a bad thing to show for 5 days of 24/7 being The.Mommy.On.Call. (This weekend made me remember the newborn days, let me tell you.)
Stats:
5 days from cast on to Kitchenering.
J-Knits Yarn, Colorway AC 141
Size 1 needles over 80 stitches.
Used approx. half of two different skeins. (I'll likely be able to make myself a longer pair from the leftovers.) The length of the turquoise repeat was slightly different between the skeins, but not enough for me to be concerned about it.
Verdict -- I'd heard that J-Knits yarn could be splitty. I didn't really have any problems with splitting except for with the tail of my cast on, which happens to me with lots of different yarns. I did notice that it got splitty when tinking back to catch a missed decrease. This yarn doesn't seem to react well to frogging. I'll probably knit up the rest of the J-Knits that I already have in my stash before deciding for certain whether or not to buy any more.

Yesterday I got them to the point of being ready to work the toes. Here is the progress as of Tuesday morning.
& again just before Kitchenering



Here's a couple action shots of socks on a 13 year old. He wanted to try them on before I stitched up the toes.
He also couldn't figure out how the stripes ended up wider on the heel. That shows how much 13 year olds pay attention to their mothers, because I actually pointed it out to him while it was in progress. (I should cut him some slack though. I turned the heels in the middle of the Pokemon Marathon weekend, when he was in rather a lot of pain & not exactly paying attention to much of anything.)

Joxer also decided to get in on the modelling of socks.

Not a bad thing to show for 5 days of 24/7 being The.Mommy.On.Call. (This weekend made me remember the newborn days, let me tell you.)
Stats:
5 days from cast on to Kitchenering.
J-Knits Yarn, Colorway AC 141
Size 1 needles over 80 stitches.
Used approx. half of two different skeins. (I'll likely be able to make myself a longer pair from the leftovers.) The length of the turquoise repeat was slightly different between the skeins, but not enough for me to be concerned about it.
Verdict -- I'd heard that J-Knits yarn could be splitty. I didn't really have any problems with splitting except for with the tail of my cast on, which happens to me with lots of different yarns. I did notice that it got splitty when tinking back to catch a missed decrease. This yarn doesn't seem to react well to frogging. I'll probably knit up the rest of the J-Knits that I already have in my stash before deciding for certain whether or not to buy any more.
Labels: Finished Objects, Knitting, Socks











1 Comments:
At 3:14 AM,
Anonymous said…
Very cute socks! Amazing how fast you finished them.
Post a Comment
<< Home