Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there!
I am just relieved to have finished all my Mother's Day knitting in time. (& also secretly rather thrilled to be able to knit Something, Anything ELSE now.)

I made 3 matching scarves, one for my mother, & one each for my aunts who were coming into town for the weekend. My father sang with the Saint Louis Symphony Chorus this past weekend. They performed Britten's War Requiem, a piece which my grandmother had previously performed with the Hartford Symphony 40 years ago. Needless to say, it was a very sentimental weekend for our family.
I left all the grafting on the scarves until the end, which was a real mistake. Little did I know, the reason I couldn't find any instructions for grafting ribbing is that grafting shifts everything over by half a stitch, & it isn't actually possible to invisibly graft two pieces of two by two ribbing together. That puts a kink in my plans to publish this pattern, as I will have to work out a different way to do that part.
Fortunately in the case of the scarves that I had already knit, the varigation in the yarn hides the flaws in the grafting pretty well.

I am just relieved to have finished all my Mother's Day knitting in time. (& also secretly rather thrilled to be able to knit Something, Anything ELSE now.)

I made 3 matching scarves, one for my mother, & one each for my aunts who were coming into town for the weekend. My father sang with the Saint Louis Symphony Chorus this past weekend. They performed Britten's War Requiem, a piece which my grandmother had previously performed with the Hartford Symphony 40 years ago. Needless to say, it was a very sentimental weekend for our family.
I left all the grafting on the scarves until the end, which was a real mistake. Little did I know, the reason I couldn't find any instructions for grafting ribbing is that grafting shifts everything over by half a stitch, & it isn't actually possible to invisibly graft two pieces of two by two ribbing together. That puts a kink in my plans to publish this pattern, as I will have to work out a different way to do that part.
Fortunately in the case of the scarves that I had already knit, the varigation in the yarn hides the flaws in the grafting pretty well.

Labels: Finished Objects











4 Comments:
At 8:37 AM,
Anonymous said…
Congrats! Three finished scarves! I do the snoopy dance if I finish one scarf! I need more immediate satisfaction in finishing a project I guess LOL
They are very pretty! What yarn did you use?
Tamara
At 6:04 AM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Great job on finishing those! I loved the way the yarn colors pooled, too! It sort of made a zig zag effect on them. How cool is that?
At 7:05 AM,
Rachel said…
Beautiful! I can't wait to see the pattern, grafting or no grafting. :)
At 12:24 PM,
Anonymous said…
Your scarves are so pretty. Nice work. What a lovely gift.
Post a Comment
<< Home