Socks, Socks, & more Socks
Since I'm expecting 5 days-worth of car-knitting time this summer, I'm getting several projects started in preparation. If all goes according to plan, I'll end up with several finished pairs of socks at once. (Or, perhaps just a LOT of toes to work & kitchener after I get back home again.)
In addition to a sweater-in-the-round, I'm also preparing a bunch of socks to the plain-stockinette-in-the-round stage. I can knit stockinette without looking at it, but not ribbing so much, so the cuffs are done for several sets, & I'll do the legs in the car.

As you can see by the red socks, this picture is actually a few weeks old. I'm finishing up the gussets on those & will leave them ready to do the main part of the feet on the trip.
In the process of all of this "Start An Insane Number Of Socks" madness, I also tried to start my first set of Trekking socks. My friend Mary Beth knit perfectly matching socks from her Trekking, so I know it can be done. But so far all I have to show for my efforts in trying to find a match is a couple of long piles of yarn.
In addition to a sweater-in-the-round, I'm also preparing a bunch of socks to the plain-stockinette-in-the-round stage. I can knit stockinette without looking at it, but not ribbing so much, so the cuffs are done for several sets, & I'll do the legs in the car.

As you can see by the red socks, this picture is actually a few weeks old. I'm finishing up the gussets on those & will leave them ready to do the main part of the feet on the trip.
In the process of all of this "Start An Insane Number Of Socks" madness, I also tried to start my first set of Trekking socks. My friend Mary Beth knit perfectly matching socks from her Trekking, so I know it can be done. But so far all I have to show for my efforts in trying to find a match is a couple of long piles of yarn.











5 Comments:
At 10:13 AM,
Anonymous said…
I gave up on my attempt to have matching Trekking socks long ago. Until I see a picture, I'm not sure I believe it.
Seems like Spring is the time that knitters start up small projects. I've been considering socks too, but it's so hard to find patterns for size 11 feet. I keep thinking about shawls too, but the mohair ones are almost impossible when it's hot. Have you ever done lace with tencel?
At 1:16 PM,
Annie said…
There is no way to get matching Treking socks?!! Is there? Gosh, I tried. The piles are cracking me up.
At 2:20 PM,
abby said…
Wow! All those socks on needles set my heart racing; you are very brave!
I love Trekking, but can't imagine trying to get the colors to match. I should go look for those two skeins that I know are around somewhere...
At 2:30 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Now that is foresight! Wow, and very smart! I noticed your Sockotta yarn - I'm a huge fan of Sockotta. Good luck on your sock knitting!
At 5:32 PM,
Rachel said…
The only time I've seen matching Trekking is on accident. I almost had matching Trekking gloves, but one color was missing in the repeat. Good luck, though. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home