Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

More Information

Thank-you for all the lovely comments on my first socks! I couldn't see what all the big deal was about socks initially, but now I'm hooked. Here is a picture of how much yarn was left over from a single ball of Sockotta, once the socks were complete.



I could have made them longer, but with knitting from the top down, I decided to be cautious. I knit tightly on dpns, plus I have big feet, so I used 72 stitches around for my socks. They fit perfectly, so that's the number I'm using again on my next socks.

I bought the Mary Jane Crocs at Lauries Shoes at the main location on Manchester Road, while on my way back from the spring knitting workshop. Originally I was just going to get the Crocs. (I can see why Lime & Violet raved about the Dansko outlet, after seeing the regular retail prices for Danskos.)

Having the sales lady rave about my one completed knit sock put me in such a good mood that I was tempted to buy out the store, though, & I did give in to temptation & buy a second set of shoes-good-for-showing-off-knit-socks. Those are black, so as to match a variety of sock yarn. I'll probably end up blogging about them with my next completed socks, whenever that happens to be.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your first pair of socks! Isn't it a great feeling?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home