Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Knitting Update

I have been getting some of my own knitting done; here's some proof:



Thursday night, during Maureen's "Trunk Show", I finished my very first hat ever, for the STL Knitting Guild's charity drive. I basically made it up as I went along. I cast on 100 stitches, figured out a colorwork pattern that would go OK over 100 stitches, & winged it from there.







I completed the heel flap on my second sock during extra bits of time at the Japanese Knitting class on Friday, turned the heel after I got home (& could get out my Sensational Knitted Socks book to refer to while doing it.) I had just enough time to get the gusset started before going to hang out with friends for the evening. Fortunately these were good friends who didn't mind my knitting while I sat & gabbed, so the gusset is done now too.








Last weekend I got the main body of my Norwegian sweater finished, so I tried starting the next chart this weekend. It doesn't look like the pattern is lining up right though, so I'm going to have to go over the math a little more before I get any further into it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your charity hat is lovely. I met Rachel (Dyeabolical Knits) yesterday and she wanted to know which Cindy I was. Isn't that cute? I should have told her that I was the Cindy that knits very slowly and cannot do colorwork to save her life. Your sweater is beautiful. And, you are almost done with your socks. That is terrific!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Wow! You've really been doing some knitting! Great work.

    I really love the hat you made, too. The colorwork is especially pretty.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger abby said…

    You're so prolific! The top of the hat is beautiful, and the detail around the bottom is lovely. Your first hat, really?

    Your sweater looks like it will be great. Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home