I Am Not Happy With Maytag Right Now
My husband & I recently purchased (full priced, I might add) a brand new Maytag front loading washer & drier, complete with the riser drawers that go underneath to put them up to a height better suited to my aging back & knees.
The washer & the drier are fine, but the drawer under the washer is defective. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this fact until AFTER the delivery guys left. It's got the point a screw sticking through into the drawer about a quarter inch on one side, & the front of the drawer isn't properly attached so it sits a bit lopsided. The insert for it doesn't fit right either. As you might imagine, I was a little dismayed to discover this. On the left side is the defective drawer, & on the right is the one under the drier, for comparison.
On the left side is the defective drawer, & on the right is the one under the drier, for comparison. This is with the drawer all the way closed, or supposed to be all the way closed. As you can see, there is still a gap on the defective one. 
Here is a closeup of the under side of both drawers. You can see where a part that connects the drawer front to the body of the drawer is not installed correctly on the first picture on the left-hand side.
Here are a picture of the screw sticking into the drawer, & a comparison of the drawer inserts for both drawers. (Excuse the blur in the screw picture; the camera had trouble focussing on a single piece of metal in a sea of white plastic. 
You can see that the drawer inserts are not the same size, even though the drawer under the washer & the drawer under the drier are the same size. Since the insert is supposed to span across the top of the drawer & give a solid place to rest a clothes basket when the drawer is open, the insert isn't worth much if it falls down into the drawer all the time because it's the wrong size.
When I called the store, I was given the phone number for the service center, who told me that they would need to order parts & then call me back to set up an appointment.
Fast forward to the middle of last week, when we got a call giving less than an hour's notice that they were planning on showing up at our house at a time that no one was home. Needless to say, I ended up calling back to reschedule, & no one at the service center could give me an answer as to why we hadn't been called in advance to set up a time. I was given an appointment for this morning, & I took vacation time off work to be here.
I started getting suspicious when there wasn't the "hour's notice" type phone call that we had gotten last week, so I called the service center back to confirm. (The front office opens an hour after their service people actually start making rounds, so I had to wait until they were open.) Come to find out, the part that supposedly was in stock for the them to come out to our house last week was mysteriously now on back order. No, they had no idea why no one had called me to reschedule.
So now I have a defective item for which I have already paid full price -- not scratch & dent price, & no idea when the company plans to make good on it, just someone telling me that "the parts are on backorder." Given their past history of not calling to let me know when appointments are or are not going to happen, I don't think I should hold my breath waiting for them.
In my opinion, they don't NEED parts, what they need to do is to replace the entire riser under the washing machine. I certainly paid enough money for the thing that I should have it in NEW condition, not repaired.
I'll be contacting the sale's person today to see if he can get me a replacement for the entire defective riser unit on the washer. If that is unsuccessful, I'll be contacting the corporate office for Maytag directly. Either way, I'll post an update.
The washer & the drier are fine, but the drawer under the washer is defective. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this fact until AFTER the delivery guys left. It's got the point a screw sticking through into the drawer about a quarter inch on one side, & the front of the drawer isn't properly attached so it sits a bit lopsided. The insert for it doesn't fit right either. As you might imagine, I was a little dismayed to discover this. On the left side is the defective drawer, & on the right is the one under the drier, for comparison.
On the left side is the defective drawer, & on the right is the one under the drier, for comparison. This is with the drawer all the way closed, or supposed to be all the way closed. As you can see, there is still a gap on the defective one. 
Here is a closeup of the under side of both drawers. You can see where a part that connects the drawer front to the body of the drawer is not installed correctly on the first picture on the left-hand side.
Here are a picture of the screw sticking into the drawer, & a comparison of the drawer inserts for both drawers. (Excuse the blur in the screw picture; the camera had trouble focussing on a single piece of metal in a sea of white plastic. 
You can see that the drawer inserts are not the same size, even though the drawer under the washer & the drawer under the drier are the same size. Since the insert is supposed to span across the top of the drawer & give a solid place to rest a clothes basket when the drawer is open, the insert isn't worth much if it falls down into the drawer all the time because it's the wrong size.
When I called the store, I was given the phone number for the service center, who told me that they would need to order parts & then call me back to set up an appointment.
Fast forward to the middle of last week, when we got a call giving less than an hour's notice that they were planning on showing up at our house at a time that no one was home. Needless to say, I ended up calling back to reschedule, & no one at the service center could give me an answer as to why we hadn't been called in advance to set up a time. I was given an appointment for this morning, & I took vacation time off work to be here.
I started getting suspicious when there wasn't the "hour's notice" type phone call that we had gotten last week, so I called the service center back to confirm. (The front office opens an hour after their service people actually start making rounds, so I had to wait until they were open.) Come to find out, the part that supposedly was in stock for the them to come out to our house last week was mysteriously now on back order. No, they had no idea why no one had called me to reschedule.
So now I have a defective item for which I have already paid full price -- not scratch & dent price, & no idea when the company plans to make good on it, just someone telling me that "the parts are on backorder." Given their past history of not calling to let me know when appointments are or are not going to happen, I don't think I should hold my breath waiting for them.
In my opinion, they don't NEED parts, what they need to do is to replace the entire riser under the washing machine. I certainly paid enough money for the thing that I should have it in NEW condition, not repaired.
I'll be contacting the sale's person today to see if he can get me a replacement for the entire defective riser unit on the washer. If that is unsuccessful, I'll be contacting the corporate office for Maytag directly. Either way, I'll post an update.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home