Saturday Sky & a Hint of Snow
We had snow very early this morning. Here's proof.



By mid-morning, it looked like this:

The first pictures were taken at 8:15 this morning, & the second ones about 9:30 a.m.

My 9 year old didn't believe his sister & thought she was making it all up that there had been snow. ;-) As is common for a Saturday morning, I'd woken up at the un-weekendly hour of 6 a.m. & been unable to get back to sleep. I was sitting in my usual early-Saturday-morning knitting spot, watching the light but regular snowfall for the better part of an hour. That was quickly followed by blowing March winds, by the time it was light enough for me to take pictures. Therein is the explanation for the lines blown in the rooftop snow of the first pictures, & the lack of snow on the trees.
My daughter's fingerless gloves are finished. Here's proof of that too:

Yarn: Patons Kroy Sock yarn, about 1/3rd of a skein.
Needles: Size 2 bamboo dpns
Time: About 1 week for each glove, in between also working on some other things.
There is enough leftover sock yarn from those fingerless gloves to make at least one more pair. I'm planning on holding onto the rest of the yarn & making her a slightly larger pair when these are outgrown. The pattern was my own adaptation of the "Hooray for Me" Gloves pattern on the Knitty Gritty TV show. I also had my daughter try the first one on as I went along, & adapted from there.
My finished object total for the first two months of 2007 -- 2 pairs baby booties, 3 pairs fingerless gloves, & one shawl. My next post will hopefully be All About The Knitting, for a change. I'm making steady progress on two sweaters & my next post will also have an update on the scarf I'm designing.



By mid-morning, it looked like this:

The first pictures were taken at 8:15 this morning, & the second ones about 9:30 a.m.

My 9 year old didn't believe his sister & thought she was making it all up that there had been snow. ;-) As is common for a Saturday morning, I'd woken up at the un-weekendly hour of 6 a.m. & been unable to get back to sleep. I was sitting in my usual early-Saturday-morning knitting spot, watching the light but regular snowfall for the better part of an hour. That was quickly followed by blowing March winds, by the time it was light enough for me to take pictures. Therein is the explanation for the lines blown in the rooftop snow of the first pictures, & the lack of snow on the trees.
My daughter's fingerless gloves are finished. Here's proof of that too:

Yarn: Patons Kroy Sock yarn, about 1/3rd of a skein.
Needles: Size 2 bamboo dpns
Time: About 1 week for each glove, in between also working on some other things.
There is enough leftover sock yarn from those fingerless gloves to make at least one more pair. I'm planning on holding onto the rest of the yarn & making her a slightly larger pair when these are outgrown. The pattern was my own adaptation of the "Hooray for Me" Gloves pattern on the Knitty Gritty TV show. I also had my daughter try the first one on as I went along, & adapted from there.
My finished object total for the first two months of 2007 -- 2 pairs baby booties, 3 pairs fingerless gloves, & one shawl. My next post will hopefully be All About The Knitting, for a change. I'm making steady progress on two sweaters & my next post will also have an update on the scarf I'm designing.











3 Comments:
At 4:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Very cute gloves!
At 6:26 AM,
Cindy said…
The fingerless gloves are so pretty. Wasn't the snow pretty? Pup and I walked and it was just so lovely (cold, but lovely).
At 3:23 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Great job on the gloves, and I love the color stripes!
Post a Comment
<< Home