Secret Knitting Project Revealed
Here are some progress & completed pictures for my latest "Secret Knitting Project" (The pink booties that I made earlier & didn't get pictures of were very similar, just a different color.)

This is the first knitting pattern that I've used out of this giant book that I bought at Sam's Club. (No, I won't shop at Walmart, but there aren't any Costco stores near me, so I will shop at Sam's.)

The pattern is very similar to ones I made for my eldest son over a decade ago, so I thought I knew what I was doing. However, as I looked closer at the pattern this time, I realized I'd done something differently from the pattern, both on these booties & the pink ones I made earlier. The pattern actually NEVER SAYS to join your work & do the ribbing in the round. I'd just done it automatically without even realizing that wasn't in the instructions. Oh, well. I think both babies will be happier for not having the seam up the backs of their ankles, don't you?


Considering that I hadn't done anything like this in years, I'm happy with how they turned out. They made a realitively quick baby gift. Now that I've familiarized myself with the pattern, I can make a pair of booties over a weekend & still have time for all those othernagging stupid-non-knitting standard weeekend chores.

& now that Mary Beth's big "Secret Knitting Project" for the same mom-to-be has been given as well, I can share this picture from when we got together a couple weeks ago. I'll let her share her pictures of the finished object. It's quite spectacular!

This is the first knitting pattern that I've used out of this giant book that I bought at Sam's Club. (No, I won't shop at Walmart, but there aren't any Costco stores near me, so I will shop at Sam's.)

The pattern is very similar to ones I made for my eldest son over a decade ago, so I thought I knew what I was doing. However, as I looked closer at the pattern this time, I realized I'd done something differently from the pattern, both on these booties & the pink ones I made earlier. The pattern actually NEVER SAYS to join your work & do the ribbing in the round. I'd just done it automatically without even realizing that wasn't in the instructions. Oh, well. I think both babies will be happier for not having the seam up the backs of their ankles, don't you?


Considering that I hadn't done anything like this in years, I'm happy with how they turned out. They made a realitively quick baby gift. Now that I've familiarized myself with the pattern, I can make a pair of booties over a weekend & still have time for all those other

& now that Mary Beth's big "Secret Knitting Project" for the same mom-to-be has been given as well, I can share this picture from when we got together a couple weeks ago. I'll let her share her pictures of the finished object. It's quite spectacular!











3 Comments:
At 11:24 AM,
Anonymous said…
Those booties are adorable!
At 8:11 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Great job on the booties! I almost knitted a pair myself this past weekend, but discovered I didn't have the necessary needles. Oh well, yours are much prettier and I didn't have to do any of the work to see them done!
At 11:37 AM,
Rachel Leverton said…
That's a good idea about the cat and the pillow. I'm going to try that. Although, knowing the demeanor of cats, she is probably sitting there out of pure spite. I really can't see how plopping on a pile of wet plants can be comfortable . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home