Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Sky








As I was taking sky pictures this afternoon, I couldn't help but notice how many trees still had damaged branches hanging on. One tree in my neighborhood particularly caught my eye on my afternoon walk, because I remembered taking a heavily zoomed photograph of a snapped-but-still-attached-&-positioned-horizontally top limb. Now that the ice is off the branches, it's clear just how far down the weight of the ice was holding them. These two pictures are of the same tree. The broken piece appeared to be the tallest point on the tree when I was taking the ice pictures, but clearly that isn't usually the case for that particular tree.








In Knitting Related News, I have finished one half of the front of my striped mohair cardigan, & am working on the section for the back now. The reverse stockinette does a good job of breaking up some of the pooling, so I'm not bothering with trying to switch off between balls of yarn for each row at this point. When I get to the last part this piece, as it starts the mirror-image decreases for the other front side, I'll go back to switching off between balls of yarn so that the two front pieces match.

I also completed a pair of baby booties last weekend, & thought I'd have plenty of time to take pictures. However, the wee one for whom I was knitting decided to put in an early appearence. Thankfully mama & baby are fine, & the wee girl is already breathing room air, even at 34 weeks old. But I already gave her mama the booties & forgot to take any pictures. Ah, well. Pictures didn't seem to be the most important thing at that point...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, I have yet to make baby booties. I have several friends due at any time, and I haven't started their gifts yet. Perhaps I should knit some booties. Thanks for the idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home