Results of Saturday's Night Sky
The tree damage pictures I posted yesterday were from other trees in my neighborhood. My trees were lucky the first time around, but not so much the second time. I took a bunch of really pretty pictures yesterday that I was planning on sharing today. Somehow, I'm just not in the mood now.
We got more rain/sleet/ice Saturday evening, & the trees in my back yard that were fine yesterday lost an amazing number of branches overnight.

This is what the tops of the trees over our backyard look like now. I count at least 10 major break places.

One of the branches went through our screen porch. My son & I ventured out to pull it away from the house, since it was resting against a support post for the back porch roof. Our backyard looks like it's paved in branches & ice particles. When I was out back, I could see that some of the branches are firmly driven into the mud from the force of their fall.


This is the only one I'm really worried about, though. You can see the crack in the limb, & the cluster of extra ice is where that limb is curving towards the camera.
That limb is dangling over the front of our place, as you can see here. I'm praying, & sending all the "fall into the yard, away from the house" vibes that I can.

UPDATE: Thank goodness for rain! Regular, plain, ordinary rain. The branches are not leaning over nearly as much now. The pieces with the breaks in them will still come down sometime, but now there is a better chance that they will fall in the yard instead of on the house.
We got more rain/sleet/ice Saturday evening, & the trees in my back yard that were fine yesterday lost an amazing number of branches overnight.

This is what the tops of the trees over our backyard look like now. I count at least 10 major break places.

One of the branches went through our screen porch. My son & I ventured out to pull it away from the house, since it was resting against a support post for the back porch roof. Our backyard looks like it's paved in branches & ice particles. When I was out back, I could see that some of the branches are firmly driven into the mud from the force of their fall.


This is the only one I'm really worried about, though. You can see the crack in the limb, & the cluster of extra ice is where that limb is curving towards the camera.
That limb is dangling over the front of our place, as you can see here. I'm praying, & sending all the "fall into the yard, away from the house" vibes that I can.

UPDATE: Thank goodness for rain! Regular, plain, ordinary rain. The branches are not leaning over nearly as much now. The pieces with the breaks in them will still come down sometime, but now there is a better chance that they will fall in the yard instead of on the house.











1 Comments:
At 7:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
Ouch! Your poor trees! (And house) I'm glad for the rain--hope everything else goes okay!
Post a Comment
<< Home