Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Knitting From Stash, 2007




Here are Wendy's Guidelines .

For #1 -- I may extend this to cover the whole year, depending on how it goes. Due to how I'm changing item 2, I don't have a specific event where I will want to end the Knit-From-Stash.

For exceptions under #2, I'm substituting the following.

Under 2a -- Fiber Festivals instead of sock yarn (with the Yarn Harlot's Plan.) I have enough sock yarn for several pairs of socks, & have yet to finish even one sock. So I don't need sock yarn, but I haven't ever been to a Fiber Festival, & if I make it to one in 2007 I will want to be free buy something. Also, any first visit to an LYS I've never been to won't count either, in the spirit of supporting the non-chain stores. (In reference to this post.)

Under 2c -- If the project is actually on my needles, I don't have to wait until I'm actually out of yarn to look for more for that specific project, if I estimate more will be needed. (Actually on the needles being an important distinction.) That will provide more time to look for additional yarn to match, in case of discontinued colors or yarns.


_____________________

To keep me honest, here is the last yarn I bought in 2006:



Cascade 220 wool for a Norwegian sweater & Miss Violet's Pink Ribbon for the Violet's Pink Ribbon KAL.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Hey--a fiber festival is one of my goals for the year too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home