I've been tagged!
How can I be weird if I'm one of the group? Cindy tagged me with the Weird Meme, so here are the rules & my answers. (If you were to ask my brother, he'd wonder how I could possibly restrict this to just six things about me, but whatever...)
"Six Weird Things About You" Meme Rules:
THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.' People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog."
Thing 1 -- Cindy isn't short for Cindy. As you may already know, Cindy in my case is short for Lucinda.
Thing 2 -- My singing voice is low. Very LOW. I have trouble with the normal range of melodies written for women, in fact, & my father can sing higher than I can. (He's an excellent tenor, who is singing with the Saint Louis Symphony Chorus this year. Go Dad!) Because of trouble hitting the high notes on most hymns if I try for the soprano melody, I just switch to singing an octive lower, with the guys. One time in church, I even had the lady in the pew in front of me tell me what a wonderful tenor voice my son had. I didn't confuse her by telling her that he hadn't even been singing.
Thing 3 -- I've known I'm "weird" since I was about 12 years old, & I've never cared at all. That not-caring-at-all thing made any attempted playground teasers rather frustrated when it didn't matter to me what they said. I've become better at impersonating "normal" as I got older, though, so sometimes people nowadays find stories of my school days somewhat hard to imagine. I've also realized since I started connected with people over the internet that "weird" is much more common than school kids can see.
Thing 4 -- despite being a weird, nerdy, bookish, semi-loner kind of gal, each of my 3 longest relationships with guys have been with former high-school football players, 2 of whom were also frat boys in college.
Thing 5 -- I love travelling alone, & several times in my life I've done what Brenda Dayne calls "Pulling a Geographic." That's given me the opportunity to live in Norway, Northampton, New Mexico, Japan, & the high desert of California.
Thing 6 -- I spent over 4 years on active duty in the United States Marine Corps, which accounted for my time in Japan & California. Not a weird thing in & of itself, but not a common thing for women to do.
So now I guess I have to tag people. I've never been all that good at tag, but here goes. Please don't feel obligated if holiday knitting is making you too crazy to participate right now, but here are 6 people from whom I'd be interested in hearing about weirdnesses of their own: djeh_b, Jeanne, Shannon, Rachel, Mary Beth, and Rachel.
"Six Weird Things About You" Meme Rules:
THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.' People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog."
Thing 1 -- Cindy isn't short for Cindy. As you may already know, Cindy in my case is short for Lucinda.
Thing 2 -- My singing voice is low. Very LOW. I have trouble with the normal range of melodies written for women, in fact, & my father can sing higher than I can. (He's an excellent tenor, who is singing with the Saint Louis Symphony Chorus this year. Go Dad!) Because of trouble hitting the high notes on most hymns if I try for the soprano melody, I just switch to singing an octive lower, with the guys. One time in church, I even had the lady in the pew in front of me tell me what a wonderful tenor voice my son had. I didn't confuse her by telling her that he hadn't even been singing.
Thing 3 -- I've known I'm "weird" since I was about 12 years old, & I've never cared at all. That not-caring-at-all thing made any attempted playground teasers rather frustrated when it didn't matter to me what they said. I've become better at impersonating "normal" as I got older, though, so sometimes people nowadays find stories of my school days somewhat hard to imagine. I've also realized since I started connected with people over the internet that "weird" is much more common than school kids can see.
Thing 4 -- despite being a weird, nerdy, bookish, semi-loner kind of gal, each of my 3 longest relationships with guys have been with former high-school football players, 2 of whom were also frat boys in college.
Thing 5 -- I love travelling alone, & several times in my life I've done what Brenda Dayne calls "Pulling a Geographic." That's given me the opportunity to live in Norway, Northampton, New Mexico, Japan, & the high desert of California.
Thing 6 -- I spent over 4 years on active duty in the United States Marine Corps, which accounted for my time in Japan & California. Not a weird thing in & of itself, but not a common thing for women to do.
So now I guess I have to tag people. I've never been all that good at tag, but here goes. Please don't feel obligated if holiday knitting is making you too crazy to participate right now, but here are 6 people from whom I'd be interested in hearing about weirdnesses of their own: djeh_b, Jeanne, Shannon, Rachel, Mary Beth, and Rachel.











3 Comments:
At 6:15 AM,
Cindy said…
I do not think you're weird. I really admire the #3. Not caring what others say. Thanks so much for answering. This is fun and we're learning just a little bit about each other. Also, I read last week that we also have Coopers hawks here. They have dark charcoal gray heads and backs. Neat, huh? Have a great weekend!
At 8:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
BTW, I accept the tag but here's the rub....I don't actually know too many other bloggers especially that haven't already been tagged....so now what??
At 7:50 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Lucinda! I got your message on my old blog. I think I've fixed the comment problem. Would you mind leaving a comment on my new blog, so I know it's actually fixed? Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home