Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Hawk in the Sunrise

Picture not taken on Saturday, & not posted on Saturday either, but this is the closest I'm going to come this week. Yesterday was devoted to cleaning, & when I was resting, to knitting madly on the black stole. It's about half done, so I have a shot at hitting my self-imposed deadline.





The zoom on my newer camera is SO much more awesome than my older one. It was hard to tell in the early morning half light, but I'm fairly sure it was a red tailed hawk. He, or she, was HUGE.

The pictures of the hawk are a bonus. What I really was going out to take pictures of was this glorious sunrise.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    OMG! What a fabulous picture of a red-tailed hawk. I'm pretty sure it is one, too. The sunrise was stunning, too, wasn't it? My little camera doesn't take terribly good sky shots.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Very nice photos!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful pictures! That sunrise is gorgeous! Great pictures of the hawk!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home