Just in time
The holiday party shawl did NOT get completed on time. Perhaps if I had started a week earlier, or if I would have been willing to bind it off shorter than I'd have liked, it would have worked. But since it was only for me, I made the executive decision to concentrate on other holiday preparations last week. (More in-progress-knitting report to come later, as time permits.)
I did, however, finish my X's & O's (a.k.a. Besotted) scarf in time to give it to my sweety today.

We first met 5 years ago, on December 19th, 2001. It's been the best 5 years of my life. I've finally found someone who loves me *because* I'm weird instead of in spite of it.
I did, however, finish my X's & O's (a.k.a. Besotted) scarf in time to give it to my sweety today.

We first met 5 years ago, on December 19th, 2001. It's been the best 5 years of my life. I've finally found someone who loves me *because* I'm weird instead of in spite of it.











6 Comments:
At 6:41 PM,
Annie said…
Oh, man, that is GORGEOUS! Congrats on your love -- finding it is an accomplishment indeed.
At 8:03 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Beautiful scarf! Congrats on your five year anniversary, too. My hubby and I are on our 6th.
You know, I just realized that I'm doing that same cable pattern on a cardi I'm working on. I didn't realize it was called x's and o's. Now I know!
Oh, how did you do the back of your scarf? I have never actually knitted a scarf before (crochetted several), and I was wondering what the usual "modus operandi" is for scarf knitting.
At 8:04 AM,
Eileen said…
The scarf looks fantastic! Have a great holiday and enjoy your anniversary.
At 11:46 AM,
Cindy said…
I love the scarf. I'm glad you appreciate the love of your life. They are few and far between. The rest of us are in awe.
At 2:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary! The scarf is wonderful!
At 2:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
Well I will try posting this again....LOL
I love it! This is the one I am planning for my DH....I can't wait to cast on but I have a few projects in line before his....
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment
<< Home