All kinds of knitting update -- all my PIGS
December has become Knitting ADD month. I've been knitting on several different things, but not finishing anything new, except for that scarf. Perhaps that is why Christmas gift knitting can be a good thing -- it forces things to actually get completed.
I recently came across the acronym PIGS, for Projects In Grocery Sacks. It made me laugh, & it so, so applies to my life.
Here's what's currently on my needles:
Black rectangle shawl/stole that didn't get done for office party -- 75% complete.
Jewel-toned multi-color 3/4th's square garter lace shawl -- 75% complete
Icarus in smaller size for scarf -- halfway through the next-to-last lace chart. Need to find the next ball of yarn before I can continue.
Two sets of mittens/fingerless gloves for my boys -- hope to get those done over their Winter Break, while they are home & available to try them on, so I can test for things like thumb-hole placement.
Black diamond shawl -- in time out due to broken yarn several rows down that I will need to repair before continueing.
2 sets of toe-up socks -- put on hold while working on other items. Likely stalled due to needing to look up instructions & figure out which heel I want to try.
Ribbon yarn summer top -- put in time out when I realized it's turning out too large even for me.
Top-down raglan sweater -- Sack for this PIG went MIA & I've only recently found it again. Most of the way done with the yoke part. I *might* get back to this now that I've found it again, but I'm not holding my breath.
Misc ponchos -- somewhere in my house I still have at least two more ponchos on the needles. I'm not particularly motivated to look for them right now.
Sheesh. Considering that I only picked my needles back up again last February, it appears I've lost my mind. My poor husband; he had no idea I even knew how to knit, since I didn't do it for the first four years we knew each other. It's kind of his fault though. If that Clearance-Priced-Michael's-Yarn hadn't jumped into my basket while I was looking for wedding related stuff last winter, I wouldn't have started knitting again. ;-) So if he hadn't asked me to marry him, I'd never have been looking for self-printable wedding invites at Micheal's & would never have seen that yarn...
I recently came across the acronym PIGS, for Projects In Grocery Sacks. It made me laugh, & it so, so applies to my life.
Here's what's currently on my needles:
Black rectangle shawl/stole that didn't get done for office party -- 75% complete.
Jewel-toned multi-color 3/4th's square garter lace shawl -- 75% complete
Icarus in smaller size for scarf -- halfway through the next-to-last lace chart. Need to find the next ball of yarn before I can continue.
Two sets of mittens/fingerless gloves for my boys -- hope to get those done over their Winter Break, while they are home & available to try them on, so I can test for things like thumb-hole placement.
Black diamond shawl -- in time out due to broken yarn several rows down that I will need to repair before continueing.
2 sets of toe-up socks -- put on hold while working on other items. Likely stalled due to needing to look up instructions & figure out which heel I want to try.
Ribbon yarn summer top -- put in time out when I realized it's turning out too large even for me.
Top-down raglan sweater -- Sack for this PIG went MIA & I've only recently found it again. Most of the way done with the yoke part. I *might* get back to this now that I've found it again, but I'm not holding my breath.
Misc ponchos -- somewhere in my house I still have at least two more ponchos on the needles. I'm not particularly motivated to look for them right now.
Sheesh. Considering that I only picked my needles back up again last February, it appears I've lost my mind. My poor husband; he had no idea I even knew how to knit, since I didn't do it for the first four years we knew each other. It's kind of his fault though. If that Clearance-Priced-Michael's-Yarn hadn't jumped into my basket while I was looking for wedding related stuff last winter, I wouldn't have started knitting again. ;-) So if he hadn't asked me to marry him, I'd never have been looking for self-printable wedding invites at Micheal's & would never have seen that yarn...











2 Comments:
At 7:52 AM,
Cindy said…
Poor guy. And, he just thought he was marrying a "regular" gal. What a surprise! I love the acronym PIG. How totally appropriate. Have a wonderful Christmas.
At 2:13 PM,
Anonymous said…
I love your rationalization! Sounds like something I would say! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home