Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Last Finished Object of 2006

The Lace Dream Shawl by Eugene Beugler from Shawls and Scarves: The Best of Knitter's Magazine



Here is a "Before Blocking" picture, & a couple of afters.





Yarn used: 8 and a half balls of Jo Sharp Comfort Mohair

Pattern modifications: Different yarn, larger needles, & fewer repeats across than the pattern originally called for.

Time to complete: About a month, finished on December 29th & blocked on December 30th.

Unblocked dimensions: 14 x 80 inches

Blocked dimensions: 17 x 82 inches

Verdict: I would knit this shawl again, probably with the number of repeats originally called for & a greater quantity of yarn. The pattern was easy to memorize, which made it an easy to transport & WIP project until it got too big.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my, that's just lovely! I am determined to try a lace pattern this year. Yours looks so nice.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow!! I might have to try that one again--I used Red Heart Symphony yarn and only three repeats across (for a scarf) and mine wasn't anywhere near as beautiful as yours!

    That color is really beautiful, too. Excellent choice and beautiful knitting!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Annie said…

    Absolutely gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    What a beautiful stole. You rock the lace world, Cindy. Each one is too lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home