Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A different type of math for knitters

Since I'm still trying to load the pictures of my own stuff, I thought I'd mention someone else's stuff instead today. My mother sent me a link to an article that was just too good not to share.

So geeky, & yet so cool. Crafty Geometry


"Mathematicians are knitting and crocheting to visualize complex surfaces" -- very interesting article, with pictures of some very cool fiber shapes.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    I saw that algorythm thingy -- like 17 pages worth of pattern! Cool.

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Cool. Now, if only I could remember my math. The shapes are incredible.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm also interested in this hyperbolic crochet business. Check out the Institute for Figuring's model galleries here for more examples (some are featured in your linked article).

    Fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home