Not Our Business
One last non-knitting post; I promise the next one will be actual knitting content. However, after all the water-cooler talk at work, & the media feeding frenzy, & the blog speculation (of which I'm sure I've just barely seen the surface) I need to vent a bit.
STL Today
This is as it should be. & so is this:
KSDK online
The answers to those questions are NOT the business of "the public", "the world", or the media. Those answers are the business of the families, the boys, & the doctors & counselors & other professionals trying to help them reclaim their lives. Those answers are the business of the investigators & the prosecutors of the suspect. It may very well be normal for the public in general to be curious about everything that went on, but the needs of the boys & their best interest is MUCH more important than the "needs" of the media.
Those boys have had enough of their youth stolen from them -- they do not need ANY more time stolen away by the media, or any media speculation or media questions that force them to relive any portion of their ordeal. Let them get on about the business of reclaiming & healing their lives, & get back to being children instead of media curiousities.
STL Today
Investigators interviewed both boys Saturday, but the public will have to wait for any insight into the ordeals they faced. Franklin County Sheriff Gary Toelke said Sunday that he could not disclose anything that was discussed.
This is as it should be. & so is this:
KSDK online
What happened in these abductions, and how did Michael Devlin keep these kids?
The world may have to wait for the answers to those questions.
The answers to those questions are NOT the business of "the public", "the world", or the media. Those answers are the business of the families, the boys, & the doctors & counselors & other professionals trying to help them reclaim their lives. Those answers are the business of the investigators & the prosecutors of the suspect. It may very well be normal for the public in general to be curious about everything that went on, but the needs of the boys & their best interest is MUCH more important than the "needs" of the media.
Those boys have had enough of their youth stolen from them -- they do not need ANY more time stolen away by the media, or any media speculation or media questions that force them to relive any portion of their ordeal. Let them get on about the business of reclaiming & healing their lives, & get back to being children instead of media curiousities.











2 Comments:
At 6:27 AM,
Anonymous said…
I quite agree with you. I have to admit that when I heard the story, my mind automatically jumped to what those poor boys must have suffered. I am so thankful for the protection that my family has enjoyed for so long. Who knows when something terrible can happen? After hearing this story, I had to find Peter and give him an enormous hug (to squeals of "Mommy, gerroff me!")
At 8:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
Amen!
Post a Comment
<< Home