The January Knitting Blahs
Anyone else feeling the January blahs? Maybe this is what I get for casting on something that has miles & miles of boring, round & round stockinette stitch, or maybe it's just the time of year & effect of recent events. I can't seem to get motivated to work on anything that I have in progress, or to start anything new either. I'm slowly getting a bit more done on my Norwegian sweater, but it doesn't really seem to be getting any longer.
The last ball of yarn for my Icarus is MIA, & I don't seem to be able to get up the motivation to look for it. The garter lace shawl that I'm 90% done with has a problem with my knitting not matching the charts, & I'm not motivated to figure out what the problem is. I've made some progress on the fingerless gloves for my boys, but both pairs now have their own version of second sock syndrome going on.
I had some ideas for making my own shawl pattern for the Violet's Pink Ribbon yarn that I have, but so far all I've gotten done is a bit of swatching.
I'm just feeling really dull right now, & looking forward to Spring.
The last ball of yarn for my Icarus is MIA, & I don't seem to be able to get up the motivation to look for it. The garter lace shawl that I'm 90% done with has a problem with my knitting not matching the charts, & I'm not motivated to figure out what the problem is. I've made some progress on the fingerless gloves for my boys, but both pairs now have their own version of second sock syndrome going on.
I had some ideas for making my own shawl pattern for the Violet's Pink Ribbon yarn that I have, but so far all I've gotten done is a bit of swatching.
I'm just feeling really dull right now, & looking forward to Spring.











2 Comments:
At 8:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry you're feeling low. I have a similar problem. I'm about 90% done with a cardigan for myself, and there's so many more projects I want to start! Unfortunately, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to keep my project list down to two at a time. UGH! Just have to keep plugging away . . . .
At 8:29 AM,
Anonymous said…
It HAS to be the weather or time of year. I put my Ribby Cardi away. Sick of it. I haven't cast on for the other "bubble" sock. Part of our problem, I believe, is the weather-related outages and general ennui of January. At least, I hope that's it. Give yourself a break and do what you want to do. Then, jump back in. Have a good weekend and I absolutely love Pogo's rendition of "Deck the Halls". What a neat memory for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home