Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pictures to go with the actual knitting content.

Since I finally uploaded them, here are some pictures of some things that either have been or are on my needles lately.



Pirate inspired fingerless mitt being tried on for size, before the ends were woven in.





Two individual fingerless mitts -- each waiting for a mate. Size change was achieved primarily through change in needle size.



Proof I'm knitting from stash. Here is my latest cast on. I realized when I was looking through the Winter issue of Knitters that they had a pattern that called for yarn I already had. (See purple, blue & green striped pattern on the right.) However, horizontal stripes are just NOT a good look for me. The pattern on the left is the one I picked up at Kirkwood Knittery over the weekend. I'm still trying to decide if I want to mess with knitting alternate rows from alternate balls of yarn, though. It almost seems more hassle than it's worth for the main body of the sweater, with how long the rows are. I'm finding the colors change MUCH more quickly than they seem to in the Knitters magazine pattern, most likely because I'm not knitting only half of the front of a miniature sweater. (Gee, & I was wondering why the magazine didn't have any pictures of the back of the sweater... )

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Eileen said…

    It's beautiful yarn. I bet it would look lovely without switching.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahoy there, Matey! (Sorry; couldn't resist) Beautiful mitts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home