Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday Travels & Saturday Knitting

Today was another clear & cold day here in middle America. 20-something degrees actually felt relatively WARM today compared with how this past week has been. I can completely related to the Yarn Harlot's comment yesterday about relative human perspective where temperature is concerned.



I started this morning with a trip across the river & into Illinois, to go knit with Mary Beth & Rebecca. I had a great time & got a lot of knitting done. I also wore the shoulder shawl that I finished last weekend, & had Mary Beth take a picture of it in action.





Rebecca was working on a darling itty bitty little item out of the crochet-a-day calendar for this year. It's a mini-bra that would make a very cute lapel pin.





Driving home, I stopped by The Loopy Ewe. Sheri was having an open house for St. Louis Knitter's Guild members today. The Loopy Room was quite overwhelming, even without the shipments of new yarn that Sheri has due in next week. I found 3 skeins that I just had to have come home with me. Of course, after I got home, I realized that she had Inox grey needles, which I'd heard are good for lace, but have never had a chance to try. Did I see them & buy them while I was there? No, of course not. Oops! I also discovered that Sheri only lives about 5 minutes away from me. This could get dangerous...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Sounds like you had a really great time! I can't wait till our weather warms up later this week!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said…

    Oh my that is small! I thought she was going to crochet one for her to WEAR! Thanks for not posting my pic with "THE" project. ;) We should have taken our pic together though! Darn it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home