Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Finished Object

Well, it makes for a good title, but this shawl was actually finished last Saturday, after my blog entry for the day. I realized that I needed to save my mindless knitting for possible Superbowl knitting, so I pulled out something that I hadn't worked on in a while, figured out the place I was stuck, & finished it up.





Lucy seems to think I've made her a new blanket instead of a shawl. Her opinion is that anything placed in a sunny spot is fair game for sitting on.





The yarn & the pattern are from my Birthday Stash Enhancement Expedition. I used just over 3 balls of Portrait mohair. It hasn't been measured or blocked yet, but I've already worn it to a couple Superbowl Parties last Sunday. Garter stitch lace is forgiving that way. I like it the way it is now, but I'm hopefull that the pattern will be a little bit more visible after blocking.

___________________

In completely non-knitting local news, I have to say that I agree with local columnist, Bill McClellan.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    I also agreed with that column... why on earth put them through more pain! I think they should all move away, new house or no. Being here is just too much for those boys.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup. I tend to agree with Bill most of the time. Your shawl is stunning (again). Lucy is one very lucky kitty.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Lovely scarf! Isn't it wonderful how much can be knitted during the Superbowl?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home