Time Travel Tuesdays
David Reidy's Sticks & String podcast for last week got me thinking about how connections in knitting run back through time. The essay for Show 11 is titled "A Long Thread" & is about how the thread of knitting connects us to other knitters not just now, at social or virtual KALs, SnBs, etc, but also to other knitters in the past & in the future.
The show got me thinking of how knitting connects us both to other knitters in the past, & even to the knitter that WE were in the past, if we've been knitting a long time. I've been thinking for a while about devoting some blog time to past projects from pre-blogging era, but had never gotten around to doing it. David's show was just the thing I needed to get me thinking in that direction again.
I've got to get pictures ready & tales written, but stay tuned for some Tuesday knitting retrospectives on my blog in 2007.
The show got me thinking of how knitting connects us both to other knitters in the past, & even to the knitter that WE were in the past, if we've been knitting a long time. I've been thinking for a while about devoting some blog time to past projects from pre-blogging era, but had never gotten around to doing it. David's show was just the thing I needed to get me thinking in that direction again.
I've got to get pictures ready & tales written, but stay tuned for some Tuesday knitting retrospectives on my blog in 2007.











2 Comments:
At 7:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
I can't wait. It sounds like it will be fun. I agree on the connection thing. That's what made me start spinning. I had read the RED TENT by Anita Diamant. Wonderful descriptions of ancient spinning and fabrics.
At 3:58 PM,
Eileen said…
I like the idea of this. I feel connected to my grandmother when I knit. I wonder if she felt connected to others before her.
Post a Comment
<< Home