Adventures in Designing
As you can see by my post over here & my pink swatch in the lower right side of the knitting progress picture here, I have been trying my hand at lace design. I think I've finally got the pattern worked out to my satisfaction, but now I'm having yarn issues. (Though I'm not a Guy From Boston)
The design has a decided direction to it, requiring the lace scarf to be knit in two parts & then grafted together. So far, so good. I've figured out how to make the design work for that. Except that when I started my second piece, the color in the yarn is pooling completely differently from how it pooled for the first half. It's rather frustrating, especially since I have a different project taking up a lot of my time this week, so I don't even have time to work on the scarf right now.
The design has a decided direction to it, requiring the lace scarf to be knit in two parts & then grafted together. So far, so good. I've figured out how to make the design work for that. Except that when I started my second piece, the color in the yarn is pooling completely differently from how it pooled for the first half. It's rather frustrating, especially since I have a different project taking up a lot of my time this week, so I don't even have time to work on the scarf right now.











2 Comments:
At 6:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
See, pooling doesn't bother me because I think it makes the piece more interesting, but I understand if it bothers you. It's a symmetry kind of thing. Still, it is stunning. The yarn and the design were meant for each other. Nice work.
At 6:36 AM,
Rachel Leverton said…
That is amazing! I've not done enough lace to figure out the "whys and wherefores" of it, but I'm in awe of those who do! Great job!
Post a Comment
<< Home