Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Some Knitting Progress & Pictures

I finished the last Pirate Mitt this evening. Yesterday I finished an Ultra-Secret-Project that will be delivered on Sunday. This time I'll try to get pictures.

Speaking of pictures, here's one I took earlier this week, on the afternoon of our latest "snow day".



Here you can maybe see a bit better what I mean about the pooling differences. I actually like how the yarn pooled in the first half of the scarf. But the second half isn't pooling the same way, so I'm worried that it will look lopsided if I graft them together. I think I may try some variation on this second half, & then knit two more halves in order to make two scarves, & see if I can "match" the pooling better that way.

Also from our latest snow day -- a snow angel made by my daughter.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Terrific snow angel. Sometimes they come out lopsided. I can't believe you Pirate Mitts. They are fabulous. As for the pooling, I'm afraid I don't have a good suggestion. And, I'm ready for spring.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Great job in the knitting department. I like your scarf design a lot. I might try adapting something like that for socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home