Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finally "Officially" Halfway Complete

This morning I grafted the toe closed on my very first completed sock.






The grafting isn't quite perfect, even with a book to help the process. I realized about halfway through that I was ending up with a garter stitch type row of bumps on the backside of my work. I corrected it for the second half of the seam. For now, I'm inclined to just leave it the way that it is. I'm too worried about losing stitches if I try to undo that one small part & re-graft it with the Kitchener 100% correctly done. Excuse the blurring in the picture; my camera kept focusing on the pillow behind instead of on the sock itself.



Here are a couple more angles of the finished sock. The blurred pictures show the true colors, as the full sun seems to have effected the camera sensor in these next shots.





The second sock has more than half of the leg complete now, so hopefully it won't languish with second-sock-syndrome for too long. (That does depend on which current WIP calls me the loudest, though. I've got several things going right now.)

This morning's sunrise was even prettier than yesterday's, so I just have to share a couple more pictures.



3 Comments:

  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice sock! Love the colors. I learned how to graft from an internet site...I think for the first 3 pair, I had to have the site open when I did it, but finally did memorize it.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your sock is beautiful. You must be very proud. Also, your sunrise was beautiful. I had clouds and rain. Go figure.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Test Rachel said…

    Your socks and the sunrise photos both look great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home