Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Toronto Knitting is Well Represented

While others were in New York City imagining, St. Louis knitters had a Canadian visiting us as well. Today I attended a couple of FABULOUS classes with Maureen Mason-Jamieson. If you ever get a chance to take a class with her, I highly recommend it. I learned a lot of things that will come in handy in the future, & bought several lovely patterns that will help use up my stash.



See that jacket that Maureen is wearing? It's actually not knitted -- it's crocheted! Isn't it the most elegant crochet you've ever seen? If anything could make me do a whole sweater's worth of crochet, that pattern would be it.





The jacket in this picture is one of the ones I bought the pattern for today, to make for myself. I've got just the right yarn in my stash already. (That's a "yarn fish" by the way, in case you didn't know... It's a very special kind of fish. ;-) Actually, that's just what Maureen calls that kind of loop in order to help student's remember, & obviously, I've remembered long enough to post about it at least!) The picture on the pattern website is for the full length version of it, but also included is the shorter, more-like-a-shrug version that Maureen is wearing.




This evening there was also a trunk show at our usual Guild location, with a bunch of her fabulous designs on display. (As always, you can see the pictures larger by clicking on them.) It was very interesting to hear the thought processes behind each design, & the stories of how they came about.










4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    I'm quite jealous. What a lovely time you had at the workshop. It was the talk of the shop yesterday.

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Dame Wendy said…

    Hey! I was so flattered you popped over to my blog. The Represent event was so much fun, I can't wait for another event now. That jacket is lovely!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    You lucky. It sounds like a blast! I love that jacket.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I'm with Ann. Everyone who came in the shop yesterday and today has had nothing but good things to say about the workshop. Thanks for sharing with us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home