Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday Sky

We had a sudden return to winter this week, after having enough warmth for everything to bloom. It's made me glad that I was too lazy busy to get any bulbs in the ground last fall. Even the leaves on the trees look sad, although it is bright & sunny today.



In knitting news, my Icarus is slowly being recreated into sweater sleeves. The reason it seems so slow is probably due to doing both sleeves at once, but I think that's the easiest way to be sure that the increases & the striping match. The body of the sweater is going to be done in a solid brownish pink, the same as at the cuffs of the sleeves.



I also have my second sock ready to kitchener. I'll likely get that done this afternoon so that I can wear them when we go to my parent's house for Easter dinner tomorrow.



I've already cast on for more socks. I'm actually in the process of getting ready for summer vacation car-ride knitting, where I'll have several days of riding in the passenger seat & needing simple knitting to keep me from going crazy. (But it can't be anything I'll need to look at, or I'll end up carsick.) I've decided that stockinette socks will do the trick, so I'm getting some to the cuff-done-ready-for-plain-knitting-in-the-round stage. I'll post pictures of those on a future blog entry.

(I've also got a semi-secret project going, with details to be revealed later.)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup. It was 28 this morning and all the bulbs are laying on the ground now and the burning bush looks alot like your picture. I love your socks. Have a good Easter.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    That's a good idea for knitting striped sleeves. I'll have to remember that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home