Knitting in Public
Yesterday evening, I took my knitting to a place I'd never been before.

My husband, my eldest son, & I all attended our very first River City Rage Arena Football game. In case you are wondering about the "Thunderstix" mentioned on the display board, here's a sample:

Here I am working on one of the socks I'm planning on taking as vacation knitting this summer:
My husband still thinks that the whole idea of taking pictures of knitting is very strange, but he plays along.

I managed to get quite a bit done on my sock while we were there, & only dropped a dpn once. (Easily retrieved from one row down, thank goodness, though it took a while to spot on a grey floor that's a similar color to the needles.) Before yesterday, this sock only had the cuff done, plus one round of stockinette. The sock yarn is Lana Grossa, bought 40% off from an LYS that was getting out of the yarn business. (Knit & Hook, mentioned in this post, has decided to concentrate exclusively on rug hooking.) I'm liking the yarn OK so far, though I had to go with 80 stitches around to get the right size for my feet. I'm not as fond of the self-patterning yarn as I am of the hand-painted variety, but it makes good out-&-about knitting.

My husband, my eldest son, & I all attended our very first River City Rage Arena Football game. In case you are wondering about the "Thunderstix" mentioned on the display board, here's a sample:

Here I am working on one of the socks I'm planning on taking as vacation knitting this summer:
My husband still thinks that the whole idea of taking pictures of knitting is very strange, but he plays along.
I managed to get quite a bit done on my sock while we were there, & only dropped a dpn once. (Easily retrieved from one row down, thank goodness, though it took a while to spot on a grey floor that's a similar color to the needles.) Before yesterday, this sock only had the cuff done, plus one round of stockinette. The sock yarn is Lana Grossa, bought 40% off from an LYS that was getting out of the yarn business. (Knit & Hook, mentioned in this post, has decided to concentrate exclusively on rug hooking.) I'm liking the yarn OK so far, though I had to go with 80 stitches around to get the right size for my feet. I'm not as fond of the self-patterning yarn as I am of the hand-painted variety, but it makes good out-&-about knitting.











2 Comments:
At 12:38 PM,
Cindy said…
And, ya know, sometimes that yarn that is so-so for knitting turns out really terrific for comfort or wear (or not). You hubby is a good sport.
At 9:11 PM,
Amy said…
If I was more into the sports around here I'd probably make a sock at a game ^_^ Lana Grossa has sooo much self striping stuff it's hard to know what to pick.
Post a Comment
<< Home