Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Arm Update

Well, it turns out my son is going to need surgery on his arm. The break shifted inside the cast, so there is now surgery scheduled for Friday morning.



It feels like a complete waste of time for him to need to start healing from scratch again on Friday, not to mention being a heck of a way to welcome the openning of the swimming pool season.



On the other hand, I have been getting little bits of knitting done here & there. Thank goodness sock knitting is mostly mindless for me now, as it's been just enough of a distraction without being frustrating -- exactly what I've needed.



While I'm sharing pictures, I thought I'd add one of the ones that I meant to post last week. This perfectly-sized bag is one of the things that I got with my Mother's Day gift certificate; said gift certificate being completely my son's idea. I bought it at Chris' Needle Craft Supply. It's the perfect size for a sock or two, plus there are pockets on the outside for my iPod & my phone. (Didn't you know an iPod is the perfect knitting accessory? How else would I listen to Lime & Violet or Socks in the City or Sticks & String.)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Annie said…

    Fun to see you tonight. Good wishes for surgery on Friday. At least you have socks to work on to distract you!

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about the surgery - hope all goes well. Very cute bag!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    That stinks about the surgery. I hope he heals quickly.

    I didn't know about the Sticks n string podcast. Off to itunes to download it.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    How did the surgery go? I hope he is doing well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home