Saturday Sky & Sock Progress
This post is a bit late because we had guests over for a summertime party yesterday evening.

However, that ended up working out well for Saturday Sky pictures. The blue sky with clouds one is from first thing Saturday morning, before the mad dash of extra-cleaning-for-company began. The second picture is from about 7 o'clock last night, as the intermittent drizzle was letting up. Hopefully our guest don't think I'm too nuts for grabbing my camera & catching the rainbow.


I made some sock progress since Thursday. My Regia Bamboo socks are now ready for vacation knitting, with a few rows of stockinette done to ensure that I'm happy with the needle size for the sock yarn. I really like this yarn so far. It feels similar to Sockotta, only softer.

I went ahead & started a new pair with one of the "reserve" sets of yarn & needles that I had packed away for vacation. It turns out that the just-in-case-I-finish-the-other-ones socks are leapfrogging up the queue. These are Wildfoote, in the Rapsody colorway, ribbing on size 00's as I usually start my socks.
I cast on the Wildefoote socks on my lunch hour Friday, & got quite a bit done while sitting around & talking at our party. I really like how this colorway is knitting up.

The beads in the first two sock pictures are on my new DPN holders, which I bought from 3 Owls Knitting on Etsy. I expect the holders will come in very handy on vacation, to keep the DPNs from stabbing anything else while packed away.

However, that ended up working out well for Saturday Sky pictures. The blue sky with clouds one is from first thing Saturday morning, before the mad dash of extra-cleaning-for-company began. The second picture is from about 7 o'clock last night, as the intermittent drizzle was letting up. Hopefully our guest don't think I'm too nuts for grabbing my camera & catching the rainbow.


I made some sock progress since Thursday. My Regia Bamboo socks are now ready for vacation knitting, with a few rows of stockinette done to ensure that I'm happy with the needle size for the sock yarn. I really like this yarn so far. It feels similar to Sockotta, only softer.

I went ahead & started a new pair with one of the "reserve" sets of yarn & needles that I had packed away for vacation. It turns out that the just-in-case-I-finish-the-other-ones socks are leapfrogging up the queue. These are Wildfoote, in the Rapsody colorway, ribbing on size 00's as I usually start my socks.
I cast on the Wildefoote socks on my lunch hour Friday, & got quite a bit done while sitting around & talking at our party. I really like how this colorway is knitting up.

The beads in the first two sock pictures are on my new DPN holders, which I bought from 3 Owls Knitting on Etsy. I expect the holders will come in very handy on vacation, to keep the DPNs from stabbing anything else while packed away.
Labels: Knitting, Saturday Sky, Socks, SOS 2007











2 Comments:
At 3:44 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Hmmm, those beads are very interesting! I have that problem, too, that my needles stab things when I'm not using them (I think they feel lonely and are trying to get attention, lol!) Beautiful socks!
At 2:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
Wow. You are so ready for vacation knitting. I'm impressed with your organization skills. The Saturday pix are pretty, too. We had a gullywasher for about 20 minutes and then steam. Still, the skies were pretty all day long.
Post a Comment
<< Home