Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Battle of Hastings Socks


Regia Bamboo Gusset Progress
Originally uploaded by Tales of Yarn

Pattern: Plain Stockinette Top Down, over 80 stitches, with 4 extra rows in the heel flap.
Yarn: Regia Bamboo Color #1066 (I guess I'll call it the "Battle of Hastings" colorway.)
Needles: Susan Bates metal 00 DPNs for cuff, size 1 DPNs for remainder of sock, with size 000 needles used to pick up stitches for the gusset.

I finished both gussets yesterday, just in time for the long drive today. I haven't been able to get an updated picture into Flickr, though.

One of these is finished nearly to the toe after knitting in the car today, but I can't get my phone to upload photos where we currently are staying. I realized yesterday that the color number for this Regia yarn is 1066 -- the year of the Battle of Hastings.

My eldest got his cast removed the day before we left on the trip, & is doing fine. (Almost TOO fine, since we have to watch him like a hawk to be sure he doesn't overdue it.) He's having fun showing off his scar too -- such a guy!

Tomorrow I'm going to visit Shuttles, Spindles, & Skeins on our way to Estes Park. I can hardly wait!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to update again for a while, but I should have plenty of pictures to show when I get home again.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    you could call them william the conquerer. or norman, lol. i'm so glad i'm not the only knitter that knows things like that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home