Yarn Basket LYS in Pittsburg, Kansas

JKNITS Yarn from Yarn Basket
Originally uploaded by Tales of Yarn
Yesterday we drove to Pittsburg, Kansas for some shopping & to meet my husband's brother & his family for dinner. We stopped at the Yarn Basket, which is in an old-fashioned storefront in the historic section of town, at 512 B North Broadway.
I found out about the store through their listing on WWKIP for this year. The LYS is so new that it didn't show up when I searched the web for local yarn stores -- the closest one that Yahoo showed was in Joplin, MO, 2 hours away.
The owner, Lorene, was very nice, & very knowledgeable. She has a good selection of yarns for a brand new store -- everything from Peaches & Cream dishcloth cotton to Louet Linen. Yarn Basket also already has a wide array of books & several binders of patterns, with a table to sit & look through them. I didn't really have time for that this trip, but maybe next time.
There's an area with comfortable seating for sitting & knitting, which fortunately was empty so that my menfolk had a place to sit & wait while I looked around. I didn't look too closely at the worsted or DK yarn, since there's no way my husband would be up for trying to fit an extra sweater's worth or two of yarn into an already full vehicle. (Lesson for next vacation -- leave more space in the suitcase!)
I was torn between buying some laceweight or buying some sock yarn. There was a good selection of both, but I ended up settling on two skeins of J-Knits that I hadn't seen in person before. The "Boston" colorway is the one in this photo, & I also bought the "Louisiana" colorway, which doesn't show up properly on my camera phone.
If you ever happen to be in Southeast Kansas, I highly recommend stopping by the Yarn Basket











1 Comments:
At 7:32 AM,
wheelinsticks said…
Hey, looks like your trip is right up your alley. How'd the guys feel about their time in the yarn store? I like to color of the sock yarn. Isn't J-Knits great!
Post a Comment
<< Home