Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

The toes on my Wildefoote socks are halfway done. I'm not sure if I'll get them done in time to Kitchener them this weekend or not. I tried to work on them at Knitorious on Wednesday evening. The light at Knit Night was good enough to work on them, but the conversation was too distracting. I missed a couple of decreases & had to tink back, so I switched to working on the cuff of my Dyeabolical "African Grey" sock. I'd brought that one in to show Rachel how it was knitting up.

Last night I went to an STL Knitting Guild Knit In, & worked some more on the "African Grey" plus my Lime And Violet sock. Both of those will be ready to go on to the heelflap sometime soon.




The only picture I have to show, however, is of my Tofutsies progress. The gussets are started on both socks. I may or may not have time for more picture taking on Sunday. My Saturday will be pretty busy, so I'll actually be lucky if I have time to do all the Kitchenering that morning.

For an incredibly easy Friday Trivia question, who knows the source of my blog title? (Not that I'm going to confess that I saw it performed live at the Checkerdome. That might be too big a clue, not to mention giving away my age.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    I love your socks! You know, I have a skein of Toefootsies, and it's 100 grams, but seems a little small. Is that enough for a pair of socks? I'm a little worried that I'll get through the second sock and be short. I've knitted a 5 inch cuff on one sock already. Have you used this yarn before?

    Thanks!
    http://alohaknitter.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I recognize the title, but can't remember the group. Kinda sad, ain't it? I love Wildfoote yarn. It's amazing, but I have not yet knit with Tofutsies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home