What's on My Needles This Wednesday
This has been another Summer of Socks week -- all socks, all the time, as if no other knitting existed except socks. Lately I've been all about refilling the needles from the finished vacation socks. The size 1's that I used for the Battle of Hastings socks have been refilled with a different color of the same type of Regia Bamboo yarn.

The size 0's from the Wildfoote socks I decided NOT to refill with Brown Sheep Wildfoote yarn. I've decided to try size 1 needles for my next Wildfoote socks. The first pair fits fine, but the fabric is rather stiff. Therefore, I used a concept I found on Ravelry to come up with two more yarns for size 0 needles. There's a group over on Raverly called the "WOW Look What I Found In My Yarn Stash" sock club.
For the benefit of anyone who doesn't have Ravelry access, here's the group description:
With the WOW! idea as inspiration, I found not one, but two skeins of sock yarn in my stash to use for my next socks. One is J.Knits yarn, in the Denver colorway. Several of my Local Yarn Shops carry J.Knits, so I'm not 100% sure from which of them I purchased this skein, but I am sure it was locally. (No extra points for me for having it still in the bag with the receipt; that would have at least answered the question of where I bought it!)


The other is Dharmafey's yarn, in The Owl colorway, from her Labyrinth-Inspired Handdyed Sock Yarn series.

Also on my needles are my final pair of vacation socks, which are at the foot stage, & my first "African Grey" sock from Dyeabolical, which also reached the finished-with-the-gusset phase this weekend & may or may not get the foot done this week, depending on how much time I have available to knit.

I would say that's quite enough socks for now, wouldn't you?

The size 0's from the Wildfoote socks I decided NOT to refill with Brown Sheep Wildfoote yarn. I've decided to try size 1 needles for my next Wildfoote socks. The first pair fits fine, but the fabric is rather stiff. Therefore, I used a concept I found on Ravelry to come up with two more yarns for size 0 needles. There's a group over on Raverly called the "WOW Look What I Found In My Yarn Stash" sock club.
For the benefit of anyone who doesn't have Ravelry access, here's the group description:
Desperately want to be one of the cool kids with a monthly sock club, but realize you already have too much sock yarn? This group is for you!
It's the WOW! Look at this skein of yarn I found in my stash Sock Club. Here are the rules:
1. Once a month, go into your stash.
2. Find a skein of sock yarn.
3. Take a picture of it and post it in your blog, on ravelry, in this group, or just wave it around and go "WOW! Look what I got this month!"
4. You get extra points if the skein is still in the bag or box you brought it home in.
5. You get super extra points if the receipt is still along with the sock yarn.
6. You get quadruple points if you actually make a pair of socks out of that skein.
What do you do with the points? If you earn 90 million by the end of the year, you get to buy more sock yarn! Yay!
With the WOW! idea as inspiration, I found not one, but two skeins of sock yarn in my stash to use for my next socks. One is J.Knits yarn, in the Denver colorway. Several of my Local Yarn Shops carry J.Knits, so I'm not 100% sure from which of them I purchased this skein, but I am sure it was locally. (No extra points for me for having it still in the bag with the receipt; that would have at least answered the question of where I bought it!)

The other is Dharmafey's yarn, in The Owl colorway, from her Labyrinth-Inspired Handdyed Sock Yarn series.

Also on my needles are my final pair of vacation socks, which are at the foot stage, & my first "African Grey" sock from Dyeabolical, which also reached the finished-with-the-gusset phase this weekend & may or may not get the foot done this week, depending on how much time I have available to knit.

I would say that's quite enough socks for now, wouldn't you?











1 Comments:
At 2:13 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Wow, you certainly do have a lot of socks going, don't you! I love the colors, though, and one can never have too many socks (or too many socks being knitted, lol!). Great stuff!
Post a Comment
<< Home