Saturday Sky & Socks
We had massive thunderstorms roll through the area last night, & the clouds today are still really interesting because of that.

I still have all the same socks on the needles that I did on Wednesday, but I'm part way through the heel flaps of the bamboo ones.
The Regia Bamboo is dyed in the "mottled" style, with little blips of color that are only a few stitches long. However, something about the way that I knit, or the size of my socks, seems to make the blibs of color line up to give me distinct stripes of color. It's most obvious with the turquoise in this pair of socks, but I also noticed it in my first pair of Regia Bamboo Battle of Hastings socks.
My final vacation socks are slowly progressing also. I hope to have them done sometime next week. I find that for "standing in line/waiting around in public" type knitting, it's easier when socks are earlier in the process. So the socks seem to do less travelling as they get bigger.

I still have all the same socks on the needles that I did on Wednesday, but I'm part way through the heel flaps of the bamboo ones.
The Regia Bamboo is dyed in the "mottled" style, with little blips of color that are only a few stitches long. However, something about the way that I knit, or the size of my socks, seems to make the blibs of color line up to give me distinct stripes of color. It's most obvious with the turquoise in this pair of socks, but I also noticed it in my first pair of Regia Bamboo Battle of Hastings socks.
My final vacation socks are slowly progressing also. I hope to have them done sometime next week. I find that for "standing in line/waiting around in public" type knitting, it's easier when socks are earlier in the process. So the socks seem to do less travelling as they get bigger.Labels: Knitting, Saturday Sky, Socks, SOS 2007











3 Comments:
At 6:10 AM,
Cindy said…
Wasn't that sky gorgeous??? It looks like fall might actually come (after the next round of HOT). Your socks are so pretty. I carry my sock during the cuff and then, again after I get the gusset done, up to the toe. I agree about them being bulky.
At 3:49 PM,
wheelinsticks said…
The sky is beautiful and it was a little cooler this morning around 7:30. Your socks are beautiful. I really like the blue ones.
At 8:56 AM,
Rachel Leverton said…
That's a really pretty picture of the sky. We've had some interesting cloud formations around here, too.
Nice work on the socks! You really are a sock master!
Post a Comment
<< Home