Saturday Sky, Second Edition.
The Saturday Sky was quite changeable in our area today. Here is what it looked like as I came out of my house to go to the St. Louis Knitter's Guild meeting this afternoon.

The clouds were starting to break up somewhat, & there were patches of blue sky.
At our meeting, we had an excellent presentation on short rows. I will definitely be trying them out on sweaters for myself in the future.
We end every meeting with a "Show & Share" segment. It's always a lot of fun to see what everyone else has done. Of course, I brought my own item to show this time. I even had enough sense of the dramatic to leave it all folded up until the big reveal.

(Mim, if you see this entry -- that's only Page 1, I promise! The first page of the Hidcote pattern has the description, the specifications (yarn/needles/notions) & most importantly, the URL for Mimknits so they can all run out & buy the pattern for themselves! I printed an extra copy of page one to leave with our webmistress so that she can include the link on the Guild site if she so chooses.)
& by the time the meeting was over, there wasn't a cloud left in the sky. Too bad the sun was starting to set by the time I got home. The angle of the sun made for some really well-lit trees in this picture, though.

Tomorrow: Many more Hidcote pictures, & the answer to the latest Lacevember question.

The clouds were starting to break up somewhat, & there were patches of blue sky.
At our meeting, we had an excellent presentation on short rows. I will definitely be trying them out on sweaters for myself in the future.
We end every meeting with a "Show & Share" segment. It's always a lot of fun to see what everyone else has done. Of course, I brought my own item to show this time. I even had enough sense of the dramatic to leave it all folded up until the big reveal.

(Mim, if you see this entry -- that's only Page 1, I promise! The first page of the Hidcote pattern has the description, the specifications (yarn/needles/notions) & most importantly, the URL for Mimknits so they can all run out & buy the pattern for themselves! I printed an extra copy of page one to leave with our webmistress so that she can include the link on the Guild site if she so chooses.)
& by the time the meeting was over, there wasn't a cloud left in the sky. Too bad the sun was starting to set by the time I got home. The angle of the sun made for some really well-lit trees in this picture, though.

Tomorrow: Many more Hidcote pictures, & the answer to the latest Lacevember question.











4 Comments:
At 9:35 PM,
Anonymous said…
Awww, what a gorgeous sky-picture, and I so love the autumn trees on your last pic too, they're amazing! It seems you had such a great time at the meeting - isn't it just the best meeting up with like-minded gals and knit and show and talk and have fun? Great!
At 1:30 PM,
Annie said…
Congrats on finishing and showing the Hidecote. It's just gorgeous!
At 2:23 AM,
Jeanne said…
Congrats on finishing Hidecote - that pattern is on my list of things to do!
At 10:28 AM,
Cindy said…
I can never get the Knitter's Guild dates straight in my head. DOH. If I ever make it, I'll hunt you up. Wasn't Saturday amazing? Windy, but amazing. And, those knitters better have oooohed and ahhhhed over Hidcote.
Post a Comment
<< Home