Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Gloomy Saturday Sky

Not such a pretty sky this Saturday as it has been the last few Saturdays. We have mostly been lucky with our weekends this autumn.



It was a cold & gloomy morning for handing out bags for Scouting for Food. It could have been worse though -- at least it wasn't raining.

If your household received a Scouting For Food bag today, please be sure to fill it up & set it out early next Saturday morning. At lot of food pantries depend on the influx they receive from this food drive, & the boys are always thrilled when there's plenty to pick up! (& if Scouting For Food is done at a different time of the year in your area, please participate then, if you can. I didn't realize until I went to find the link that Scouting for Food isn't always done in November.)

Bonus Saturday picture:




I found my red & gold together, just in time for Veteran's Day.

Pictures of Hidcote Unpinned will be posted tomorrow, if all goes as planned. I have been updating my links & my template, but I still have a few more to add.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your post inspired me to fill that Scouting for Food bag for the first time ever. I put it out last night and ... one of my neighbors put it inside my storm door! Gah! So they didn't see it to pick it up. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home