Hidcote is DONE! & currently blocking.
It turns out that I don't have the patience to wait 3 weeks to block.


Here are the specs:
Time to Knit: Started on Labor Day (first weekend of September) & finished the first weekend of November.
Yarn used: Two & a half balls of Misti Alpaca Lace. Approx. 1100 yards
Pre-blocking measurements: 66 inches wide & 26 inches deep at the point.
During blocking measurments: 78 inches wide & 42 inches deep at the point.
I really enjoyed knitting this shawl & was almost sorry to reach the end. I will probably knit it again in a few years, with a different color. For now I have many other shawls also planned & will likely start another one soon, since I am already missing laceknitting.


Here are the specs:
Time to Knit: Started on Labor Day (first weekend of September) & finished the first weekend of November.
Yarn used: Two & a half balls of Misti Alpaca Lace. Approx. 1100 yards
Pre-blocking measurements: 66 inches wide & 26 inches deep at the point.
During blocking measurments: 78 inches wide & 42 inches deep at the point.
I really enjoyed knitting this shawl & was almost sorry to reach the end. I will probably knit it again in a few years, with a different color. For now I have many other shawls also planned & will likely start another one soon, since I am already missing laceknitting.











6 Comments:
At 6:04 PM,
chappy said…
absolutely stunning! your lace work is incredibly beautiful! thank you for sharing!
At 6:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
So gorgeous! I saw some Misti Alpaca today but I couldn't remember what I'd wanted it for - NOW I do! Such an accomplishement!
At 5:01 AM,
Cindy said…
It is too beautiful for words. Gorgeous job!! I'm so glad you didn't wait. I was getting anxious
At 6:06 AM,
Reluctant Penguin said…
This is unbelievably beautiful. I may have to add Hidcote to my too-long To Do list. And it's all your fault :)
At 6:32 AM,
Alison said…
Gorgeous! This is one of my soon-to-be-started projects. I'm just waiting on some specially dyed yarn to arrive. Yours really is very pretty!
At 6:35 AM,
Kirsten said…
She's a real beauty! I'm glad you didn't wait so long to block it.
Post a Comment
<< Home