Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hidcote Progress Report

As you may have noted from my earlier Cardinals-Watching picture, I'm still working on my Hidcote Garden Shawl.



I finished chart 9 last weekend, & started on the final chart.



However, after successfully managing to work on it through most of the World Series, I hit a snag on the final night. Friday evening I started a row & the numbers were not working out. There was no way that I was going to be able to concentrate on trying to find the cause of the trouble, so I started something entirely different.

Today I managed to figure out the issue. I'd accidentally knit only 3 together in a spot where I was supposed to knit four together. Now I'm back on track, & did 3 rows while watching the Cardinals parade & rally live on local TV this afternoon. I've only got 8 rows plus the bind off left to go, so I'm on schedule to be able to block my Hidcote over Thanksgiving break.

Here it is as of this afternoon:



The picture color comes out dramatically differently inside versus outside, but the true color is pretty close to the outdoor picture. It's a moss green. Although I thought that color would go well for a garden themed shawl, I am getting a bit tired of men asking me if I'm knitting a tent. Yes, I realize it is similar in color to the old Army-surplus-style Boy Scout Tents. No, I don't care about that & no, I am NOT knitting a tent. (Can you tell I've been asked that a few too many times?)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    The Hidcote is stunning. I can't wait to see it blocked.

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (i found your blog through Lacevember)
    isn't lace just the coolest? before it's blocked, it just sorta looks like a big old mistake...it's my favorite type of knitting magic! right now, i can say that the Hidcote shawl is a lovely color, and that the finished pattern is beautiful.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't be discouraged by those last rows that seem endless LOL. There is an end to them.
    Found your blog through Lacevember... are you the person who contacted me about the norwegian book? If yes, did you get my reply e-mail?
    Cheers Eva

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's beautiful! I can't wait to see it blocked. I just started Kiri last night, so I'm appreciating others' lace shawls even more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home