Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Secret Knitting Revealed




I knit my mother a scarf for her birthday. It's got easy k2tog, YO lace at each end, of my own design, & the remainder is garter stitch. I used two skeins of wool/acrylic superwash blend that I got on sale at Myer's Barn. (St. Louis area LYS that had a big sale last month.)

I gave it to her when I saw her over the weekend & she likes it very much.

Editted for additional statistics:

Yarn: Sirdar Salsa DK, SH 721, used just under two balls

Needles: Size 7 straights

Yardage: approx 300 yards

Measurements: 9 inches by 36 inches, approx.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger RheLynn said…

    Very pretty! I hope she loves it!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I'm glad she likes it because it is beautiful. What a lovely, yet simple, pattern. I think the yarn is pretty, too. I can't go into Meyer house without spending way too much money. I'm scared to death to try Knitorious.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Liz K. said…

    Hi Lucinda!
    Thanks for the comment on my shawl on Crossroad Knits.

    I love the detail on your scarf. I am going to consider it for my Red Scarf Project...

    thanks for stopping by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home