A TV show worth watching while knitting...
Tonight, part of my knitting was done in front of this show, "Is God Green?" Very interesting stuff, so it was good that I was doing mostly mindless gift-knitting while watching. (& since I don't have TIVO, I was happy not to miss any of the Cardinals game while I watched it. For once, I don't much mind it being rained out.)
There is also a related interview here. My favorite quote from Bill Moyers in that article is this:
Unlike Stephen Baldwin, I believe that humans have a God given obligation to USE their brains. Not to use the brains God gave us is disrespectful to God. Not to take care of the planet God gave us is also disrespectful to God. So sayeth me.
There is also a related interview here. My favorite quote from Bill Moyers in that article is this:
"I'm an opponent of the closed mind, whether it's practiced by a corporate executive or an ordinary parishioner in the local church. Reason is a powerful, God-given faculty that has to be exercised. My favorite scripture in the Old Testament is, "Come now, let us reason together." "
Unlike Stephen Baldwin, I believe that humans have a God given obligation to USE their brains. Not to use the brains God gave us is disrespectful to God. Not to take care of the planet God gave us is also disrespectful to God. So sayeth me.











1 Comments:
At 4:37 AM,
Annie said…
Hear, hear. Dangit, I missed it. I'll have to check to see if it'll be re run.
Post a Comment
<< Home