Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Another Coincidence.





I've finished chart 4 & chart 5 this week, & have started on chart 6. It's time move beyond the field of flowers.

I've also learned not to get over confident. I was doing the very last "purling back" row of chart 5 in front of the TV, purling back being boring, of course. Then since I was already involved in the show, I thought I could go ahead & start chart 6 while I watched the rest of the show. Bad Idea. When doing a complete change of pattern, & a foundation row for setting up the new pattern, it's NOT a good idea to be watching TV at the same time. Much frogging ensued, but it's all better now.

My two younger children both had birthday parties to attend this weekend, which ordinarily might cut into knitting time, depending on how far I would have to drive for each party, & when they were held.

Except that both of these were home parties. (YEAH! No Chucky Cheese!) Not only were both of these parties going to be held at the birthday kids' houses, both kids were having them at the same time. Not only that, but both kids live on The.Same.Street, & they even live Directly.Opposite.Each.Other! Couldn't get any more convenient than that!

It was a gorgeous day to have parties at home too, because the weather was warm & sunny, so the kids could play outside a lot. & it meant that I could go park my car in the shade for a couple hours & knit in peace & quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home