In search of the right shawl pattern


Otherwise known as Adventures in Frogging.
These pictures are from what I had thought would be the perfect pattern for my next shawl. However, the design just does not show up with the dark yarn, unless it's held up to the light. I even tried going up a couple needle sizes from what was recommended on the pattern, but the design is still hard to see, even with larger YO holes.
I'm thinking that I will need a pattern with a lot more holes in it for the design to show up better with the black yarn. The ones shown in this picture will end up being frogged.
One of the patterns I'm considering is this one. But I'm not sure if my existing paypal account is still active, & she only takes paypal.
The lighter version of this shawl is a Blue Ribbon winner.
I also found a couple of finished versions linked from the pattern author's website. Those give me a good idea about how it might turn out in darker colored yarn.











2 Comments:
At 11:36 AM,
Cindy said…
The Mountain Peaks shawl is lovely. Have you checked out the Yarn Harlot's Snowdrop shawl? Maybe that one would work and it's free.
At 7:36 AM,
Miriam said…
Hey, this is Miriam of MimKnits. If you go to my new store at http://mimknits.com/shop, I take checks or money orders if you'd like to do it that way.
Post a Comment
<< Home